Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Very Busy Month at StevenBe's!

Yes, I'm still here and finally writing my blog. My reason for not writing as of late is a good one; filming technique videos. We've recently uploaded 19 new videos onto YouTube for a grand total of 66! You can view them on either my website under videos or go directly toYouTube and type in Wynnknit.

Still, this doesn't explain everything else I've been up to. Teaching has been taking up a good part of my day and my classes continue to fill at StevenBe's. In fact, I've just posted my upcoming class schedule on my homepage - check it out.  It's been busy but I'm not complaining, still wish someone would invent a way for us to live with a lot less sleep....Imagine what we could accomplish with those extra 8 hours.

I've also been busy writing patterns. Within the week you will be able to purchase my Buffalo Girls (and boys) Cowl, Striped Top Knot Baby Hat and the Fun and Furry Cabled Mittens at StevenBe's.
None of this would have been possible had it not been for my dear friend, Anna Hartsel, who worked overtime testing my patterns. Thank you Anna!

My knitting students have been very busy and continue to impress me but first I would like to update you on what's new at StevenBe's.

Besides the Yarn Harlot, Stephanie Pearl McPhee paying a visit on September 27th, it is again time for the StevenBe 3rd Annual Fabulous Fashion Show.

This Steven version of Project Runway will allow all of us knitters to submit up to 3 garments to be modeled by professionals in a juried fashion show on October 6th, @ 6:00 PM at the Pillsbury Theatre (3501 Chicago Ave.). If you are interested in either attending and/or sharing your favorite knitted garment, please submit them to StevenBe's no later than October 1st. Tickets for this event are still available but are selling quickly....Don't miss this exciting opportunity! Proceeds from the show support the StevenBe Creative Community Foundation so it's not only fun but it's for a good cause as well.

For most knitters, the best time of year is fall because that is when the most glorious wools arrive on the shelves of your favorite yarn shop.

Last Saturday, a box of 3 Irish Girls arrived at StevenBe's and I was there for the debut. One word to describe the contents of this box is yummy!



This beautiful yarn shown below by Zen Yarn Garden was custom dyed for StevenBe and is called Windy City. The name is in reference to Vogue Knitting Live Chicago which is taking place at the end of October. I believe a shawl sample is in the works out of this breathtaking yarn. Supplies are limited.

I've had a lot of classes wrap up this past month and I always try to take pictures of their finished pieces. You won't have to look too closely to see the pride in their eyes............








Now it's time for me to get back to work and get some knitting done. My next blog will feature some works done by my private knitting groups.

Good luck with your knitting adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment